I’m probably asking this question in the wrong place. Most people who read online articles are Social Media (SM) converts and evangelists.
In the not too distant past, Social Media was seen as a play space by employees and employers alike. Over the last 18 months, both sides of the employment fence have come to realise what many Self Employed/ Visionary people have known for a long time.
Social Media is a seriously powerful tool.
So how does it change the employment landscape from your point of View?
- Would you bother hiring someone that had no social media presence?
- Do you believe Social Media participation negatively affects performance?
- Would you pay a higher salary to someone that has a strong, for your industry, SM presence?
- Would you, pay them less?
- Does Social Media participation, still play no part in your hiring decision?
These are just some of the questions that various industries are starting to ask. What are your thoughts? What is the treatment of Social Media in your industry?
Please add your comment below